Wednesday 30 March 2011

I am most definitely NOT the weakest link!

So, yes it is strange but true.....yesterday I popped along to BBC Glasgow for the purpose of potentially being humiliated on national television....
Namely to be a contestant on the Weakest Link!

I have to say  even though I do like to pride myself on knowing lots of rubbish I was getting progressively more nervous as the minutes trotted on and the lovely lady in makeup applied some rather interesting 80's lipstick to my quivering lips (I suppose Im living the full vintage lifestyle then).

As I stepped into the famous Weakest Link studio my palms began to turn clammy and running straight out the door  was becoming a wonderful idea.  However, my love for quizzes (yes I am a dork and proud) and desire to see the munchkin herself caused my feet to stay firmly on my (raised - Im only 5ft 3inches) platform.
The thought that kept sticking in my head ( as I imagine the other 8 contestants were thinking) was 'Just don't let me get kicked out in the 1st round!'

As the lady herself came walking stridently into the studio (in character the entire time by the way) my nerves heightened, although bizarrely enough they came in the form of the serious giggles, which I then proceeded to have the entire game.
The game starts....I'm 2nd to last in the 1st round and as everyone gets their questions right the pressure is on!

I won't let you know who got knocked out first, but needless to say it was not me!  Phew!  As the rounds shuffled on it was my turn to be berated by Ms Robinson...which I absolutely loved!  Somehow I managed to get her to call herself old...know idea how but I was already a winner in my own eyes!

Over half the contestants had done the walk of shame and suddenly the thought crossed my mind that I could actually win this!  Adrenaline took over and the excitement of the game was thrilling!  There were 4 of us left, and I decided to vote tactically....

This was the point that It all went wrong, and I was in turn tactically voted off, having not been the weakest link in that round!!  The rage, the betrayal, the sadness...how would I get my revenge?
My Weakest link dream was over!  Well at least got to have a chat with Anne, and, well I did go straight up to the Green room and eat the last of the sandwiches....Mwaaaahhhaahahaha.  Revenge was mine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment